Author: Howland Blackiston
Brand: John Wiley & Sons
- This comprehensive, hands-on book to beekeeping will guide you through your first season and beyond
- You'll find valuable information on how to keep bees in the 'burbs or the city, how to acquire bees and install them safely, how to inspect your bees, identify problems and more!
- Also, you'll learn how to keep your bees healthy using natural methods
- 442 pages
Number Of Pages: 480
Publisher: For Dummies
Release Date: 17-01-2017
Details: Everything you need to 'bee' a successful backyard beekeeper
If you've ever thought about becoming a backyard beekeeper—or have already tried a hand at it and want to be better one—then this is the book for you! In Beekeeping for Dummies, 4th Edition you'll find everything you need to know in order to start your own colony, including how to assemble and maintain beehives, handle every phase of honey production, purchase and use all the latest tools, and what to do beyond your first season.
This hands-on guide provides all the tools, tips, tricks, and techniques needed to become a real backyard beekeeper. You'll learn to identify the queen from her workers and drones, properly open and close the hive, distinguish one type of honey from another, and preserve your colony if disaster should strike.
- Keep bees on a small urban rooftop or in a large country yard
- Assemble your own hive and sustain it for years to come
- Safely inspect and manage your colony
- Harvest and sell your own honey
Becoming a backyard beekeeper isn't as hard as people think—and with this hands-on guide, you'll be able to create one honey of a colony that will have the neighbors buzzing.
Package Dimensions: 9.2 x 7.4 x 1.1 inches
DewBar Pty Ltd is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.DewBarBeekeeping.com.